Let me make the 1st gripe - RF Cafe Forums

The original RF Cafe Forums were shut down in late 2012 due to maintenance issues - primarily having to spend time purging garbage posts from the board. At some point I might start the RF Cafe Forums again if the phpBB software gets better at filtering spam.

Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts.

-- Amateur Radio
-- Anecdotes, Gripes & Humor
-- Antennas
-- CAE, CAD, & Software
-- Circuits & Components
-- Employment & Interviews
-- Miscellany
-- Swap Shop
-- Systems
-- Test & Measurement
-- Webmaster

Ming
 Post subject: Let me make the 1st gripe
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:11 am 

Captain

Here's my pet peeve.

A guy at work here who makes the coffee a lot (drinks more of it than anyone else) has a nasty habit of picking up the stack of filters and blowing into the stack to separate a single filter from the stack. What if the guy has AIDS or something? He doesn't seem like the type, but you never can be sure. I now only drink coffee if I know it's a pot I made (and I know I don't have any communicable diseases). It just grosses me out.

:smt076 :smt075

Ming

kpainter
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:29 pm 

General

Why don't you bring in your own "Brew in a cup" coffeemaker like I do? Even better, roast your own coffee like I do and make everyone around drool when you brew yours. I won't drink the crap you get out of the community urinal anyway. Yeeeeccchhhh!

Kirt Blattenberger
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:11 pm 

Site Admin

kpainter wrote:
Why don't you bring in your own "Brew in a cup" coffeemaker like I do?

I have used a $15 Black & Decker Brew-N-Go coffee maker at work for years. I use the company-provided coffee vacuum coffee packs and just pour in what I need for a mugfull, then save the rest for the next time. That way I always get fresh coffee and don't have to worry about cooties from other people. :-D

- Kirt Blattenberger :smt024

Jason
 Post subject:
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:31 pm 
I'm actually a little surprised to read Ming's comments about AIDS, especially since I'm assuming he or she is an educated person. Getting AIDS is not like catching a cold from someone breathing on you.

While I agree that Ming has a legitimate gripe, using rhetoric such as this only makes you sound foolish.

Ming
 Post subject:
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:28 pm 

Captain

Jason wrote:
I'm actually a little surprised to read Ming's comments about AIDS, especially since I'm assuming he or she is an educated person. Getting AIDS is not like catching a cold from someone breathing on you.

While I agree that Ming has a legitimate gripe, using rhetoric such as this only makes you sound foolish.

Actually, Jason, AIDS is transferred through body fluid exchange. If a person with AIDS sneezes on you and you inhale it, you CAN in fact contract AIDS. If a person with AIDS spits in your face and you ingest or inhale it, you CAN get AIDS.

Likewise, if a person with AIDS blows into a coffee strainer and the virus lives long enough to be transferrer into my body, I CAN gets AIDS.

You are the ignoramus here, not me. It is your kind of whitewashing of the AIDS problem that has caused it to reach epidemic proportions in many European countries and even in Russia. A report the other day talked about the major concern it is becomming in China as it opens up to the West. It is pure selfishness on your part to try to aviod any stigma associated with people like yourself (most likely) with AIDS while willfully endangering others.

Of course, you could just be stupid. Either way, stop endangering other people for your own ego's sake.

Ming L.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:02 am 
Quote:
AIDS is transferred through body fluid exchange. If a person with AIDS sneezes on you and you inhale it, you CAN in fact contract AIDS. If a person with AIDS spits in your face and you ingest or inhale it, you CAN get AIDS.

In fact AIDS is transferred through body fluid exchange, but "just" by blood or sperm. The reason for that is simple: Spittle contains the viruses, but their number is marginal. That's why all kind of educational advertising always bring examples like using the same glass of water, used by an infected person, is harmless. Although you're right, I wouldn't try it ...

Quote:
... that has caused it to reach epidemic proportions in many European countries and even in Russia....
Well, I wouldn't call it an epidemic in East Europe or Russia, but in Africa. Health Care Policy isn't very comon in those countries, people don't know how about the danger of diseases and what kind of precautions they have to take. And if they have got sexual intercourses without using condomes, the consequences are preassigned (like it or not, but people have got *censored* before marriage, no one is perfect).
In Africa the situation is even worser: A lot of governments tell their people that AIDS is brought to them by the evil western countries.....

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:06 am 
Quote:
(like it or not, but people have got I posted this because I am an idiot before marriage, no one is perfect).

Well, of course it should be the forbidden word:
(like it or not, but people have got S*E*X* before marriage, no one is perfect).

What an evil word it is !!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:12 am 
I forgot to mention an interesting thing:

The "chance" to get infected with Aids is quite low compared to other diseases. For example, hepatitis B is much more contagious and the disease itself is the same crap like Aids. I mean, it is like choosing between to crowds of *S*H*I*T*: No matter which one you take, you are toasted.

kpainter
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:32 pm 

General

Quote:
... Well, I wouldn't call it an epidemic in East Europe or Russia...

"About 1 million Russians are estimated to be HIV positive"

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0816/p06s01-woeu.html

"...by 2020, the number of HIV cases in Russia could range anywhere between 5.4 million and 14.5 million."

Sounds like an epidemic to me.

kk
 Post subject:
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:52 pm 
About AIDS being transmitted through saliva -
- Firstly, on exposure to air the harmful elements in saliva will be destroyed pretty quickly
-Secondly, for you to get AIDs by kissing an infected person you would have to consume quite a few buckets of their saliva.

Post subject:
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:08 am 
kk wrote:
About AIDS being transmitted through saliva -
- Firstly, on exposure to air the harmful elements in saliva will be destroyed pretty quickly
-Secondly, for you to get AIDs by kissing an infected person you would have to consume quite a few buckets of their saliva.

How thoughtful of you to try to comfort me about being around you. I personally have no certain-death-causing affliction that endangers you, and therefore need not attempt to convince you that it is safe to be around me. Your type are extremely selfish, and are causing society a huge amount of hardship both sociologically and financially. The cost to fight AIDS is greater than the cost to fight terrorism. I'll just bet you want to blame someone else for your problems.

manosteel
 Post subject: Office coffee? AIDs?
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:44 pm 
Come on folks wasn't this thread about office coffee and the slugs you work with.

Steve
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:20 am 
What the hell are you guys on? Are you seriously telling me that you worry about getting AIDs from a coffee filter? And what's the need to accuse everyone else of having AIDs if they try to disagree with you?

You do have a point if you apply the coffee filter thing to colds and more common airborne infections, although possibly passing boiling water through the filter does quite a bit to kill off anything nasty.

I believe 'kk' is correct about the likelyhood of catching AIDs from saliva. I also understand that the most likely causes of transmission are sharing needles and unprotected intercourse. Society surely suffers more from incorrect and over the top veiws about AIDs than informed opinion (much the same can be said for terrorism).

Steve
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:48 am 
See this site from UNICEF if you're in any doubt

http://www.unaids.org/en/Resources/faq/faq_transmission.asp#8

I suspect that there is a lot less contact from coffee that if you stuck your tongue down the guys throat, and even then you'd be ok.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 am 
Steve wrote:
See this site from UNICEF if you're in any doubt

I suspect that there is a lot less contact from coffee that if you stuck your tongue down the guys throat, and even then you'd be ok.

Let's see...the "UN" part of UNICEF stnds for "United Nations." Now they're the same people that have recently given us the Food for Oil scandal, the UN Peacekeepers raping and enslaving women and girls in Africa, and a handful of other, shall way say, less than honorable and truthful conduct. The UN clearly has agenda to which it molds its policies. The whole AIDS issue is one of them.

So, to which chapter of NAMBLA did you say you belong?

Steve
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:56 am 
I am infact not girly-man, or bi-sexual or HIV Positive or any of the other pathetic accusations you, or anyone else can make.

I would certainly prefer to believe the UN and worldwide medical opinon than some homophobic moron

I see no point in continuing this discussion (no matter what stupid-bigoted statments you follow with) as you obviously aren't in for a discussion, more a way to air you appauling opinions

Post subject:
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:59 am 
Steve wrote:
I see no point in continuing this discussion (no matter what stupid-bigoted statments you follow with) as you obviously aren't in for a discussion, more a way to air you appauling opinions

OK, good, then I'll accord myself the last word.

The typical Liberal mantra on AIDS is to assign the title "homophobe" to anyone that recognizes the FACT that AIDS is spread primarily via the homosexual community. Report after report has now quashed the myth started in the late 1980s that AIDS would become a heterosexual epidemic. To this day it is by far partial to the homosexual community. Even in Africa, the spread is primarily via homos and prostitutes that service them. You can deny the reality, but I will not allow myself to be unnecessarily exposed to the ALWAYS FATAL disease.

You and your ilk are purposely putting people at risk for infection by continuing to perpetuate a lie about how difficult it is to acquire the infection. You are a sick SOB, with or without AIDS.

:smt014

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:10 pm 
What are you dumb? AIDS is contracted thorugh 3 way: *censored*, Shared Needles, and blood transfusion.

You talk about Stigmatisms, I just research AIDS stigma for 5 hours, its your type who are the stigmatizers and scare anyone who thinks they have AIDS into never getting check for fear of ostraziation. Read a little bit, AIDS isnt contracted through spit.

Also, theres no AIDS epidemic in russia.

Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:46 am 
Anonymous wrote:
What are you dumb? AIDS is contracted thorugh 3 way: I posted this because I am an idiot, Shared Needles, and blood transfusion.

I must argree with you here that, indeed, you are an idiot. You also can't count all the way up to three.

Anonymous wrote:
You talk about Stigmatisms, I just research AIDS stigma for 5 hours, its your type who are the stigmatizers and scare anyone who thinks they have AIDS into never getting check for fear of ostraziation. Read a little bit, AIDS isnt contracted through spit.

If you think I believe that you spent five hour researching Stigmatisims, then your AIDS has reached the stage where your brain is dying. Try to remember which chapter of NAMBLA you belong to. It's probably written on your membership card.[/quote]

Anonymous wrote:
Also, theres no AIDS epidemic in russia.

What a good little propagandist you are. Keep it up...while you can.

Kirt Blattenberger
 Post subject:
Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:41 pm 

Site Admin

Time to end this, folks.

- Kirt Blattenberger :smt024

Posted  11/12/2012