March 13-14 Forum Downtime - RF Cafe Forums

The original RF Cafe Forums were shut down in late 2012 due to maintenance issues - primarily having to spend time purging garbage posts from the board. At some point I might start the RF Cafe Forums again if the phpBB software gets better at filtering spam.

Below are the old forum threads, including responses to the original posts.

-- Amateur Radio
-- Anecdotes, Gripes & Humor
-- Antennas
-- CAE, CAD, & Software
-- Circuits & Components
-- Employment & Interviews
-- Miscellany
-- Swap Shop
-- Systems
-- Test & Measurement
-- Webmaster

Kirt Blattenberger
 Post subject: March 13-14 Forum Downtime
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:39 pm 

Site Admin

Greetings:

As you probably noticed, the Forum was not working properly for the last 20 hours or so. I'm not sure how, but a couple of the files got corrupted. The good news is that they have been repaired and all is well again.

:smt038

Thanks for your patience, and happy posting!!!!

Kirt Blattenberger
 Post subject:
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:56 am 

Site Admin

Greetings:

An interesting result of the forum being down for almost a day is that since it has been back up and running again, the number of spam registrations and posts has decreased significantly. All I can figure is that the software bots and the heroin junkies that manually perform the registration (which requires visual confirmation of a code) must hit a seemingly dead forum and remove it from their lists. Maybe it would be a good strategy to shut the form off for a few hours once a month or so. I'll have to do a little Web research on the topic to see if there is any validity to my theory, or if it is merely a coincidence.

Posted  11/12/2012